Gosh this time last year I was enormous and used my time on mat leave wisely, looking into cloth nappies. Thanks to Go Real I was sent a free Pop In to try, baby came along, two weeks later I had a whole fluffy stash! I’ve blogged before about fluff love, this year I’ve been getting involved in Clothopoly and The Great British Nappy Hunt and have so far won a Bambino Mio in associated competitions. My big loves are Totsbots Easifits and Fuzzibunz Elites, as seen here in a washing action shot!
So here’s my five reasons we cloth bum:
1) No car = risk of last minute emergency nappy low stock, now we always have nappies at hand
2) Environmental friendliness – Brits throw away 3bn sposies a year, which would take 500 years to decompose, a legacy I don’t want to pass on
3) Good old money saving – we broke even by ten months, no more paying out for nappies, I try not to have more than I need selling the smaller size to fund the next
4) More breathable for wee bums
5) Supporting UK manufacturing through Totsbots, and wahm with the odd pretty 🙂
PS the cloth bum community at large is amazing, we’ve made a LOT of good friends through it!
If in doubt try a trial pack from your local nappy library, or check out a real nappy week event near you, you won’t regret it!